Gambling addiction, or gambling, is a big problem that has lost millions of lives. People who are addicted to gambling lose their sense of reality and experts attribute their condition to mental disorders.
Types of Gambling
Excitement is what changes the person’s internal state, the very “buzz” that he receives by joining the game and falling into dependence on them. Excitement patents itself in the shape of a desire to recoup and win more.
The main theory of how gambling addiction is considered a behavioral theory of operant learning with a variable reinforcement mode including gambling addiction signs and symptoms.
The consequences of gambling addiction may be different. It depends on several factors:
- What a person is having fun with;
- At what stage is his dependence;
- How emotionally stable a particular individual is;
- Whether ludoman is ready to get rid of addiction;
- What the environment does to help solve the problem.
The main signs of a gambling problem:
- Longing to play;
- Chronic sleep disturbance;
- Anxiety and irritability when there is no opportunity to play;
- A gradually growing obsession with games;
- A person continues to play, despite emerging physical, psychological, financial and social problems;
- Growing financial debts (the use of savings and salaries per game, borrowing money, theft, etc.);
- Depression, especially when there is no way to play;
- A feeling of remorse, remorse after the game;
- Despite the growing loss, the patient continues to play with an unshakable belief that now he will reimburse all losses;
- Loss of self-control during the game;
- Repeated unsuccessful attempts to quit games;
- Problems caused by stress (migraine, intestinal disorders);
- The desire to bet more often and win more;
A person dependent on gambling loses his identity over time, turning from a vibrant and purposeful to a nervous and depressed one. First of all, all the activities and hobbies that were previously interesting to him will cease to captivate.
With promises, things are the same as with the oaths of a drug addict: they cannot be trusted. Appearance over time ceases to bother the gamer.
Often there are problems with alcohol and even drugs, because gambling leads to such fatal changes in life that you can drown out the pain only with the help of alcohol and drugs, which creates even greater bondage and excludes any possibility of returning to normal life.
The gamer ceases to care about children, parents, wife and other people close to him.
The treatment of gambling addiction symptoms definitely requires the intervention of specialists. After all, the gamer often turns out to be not even able to recognize the existence of a problem, not to mention voluntarily go for treatment.
Computer addiction treatment is a serious step that needs to be motivated by the patient himself. There happen to be plenty of examples already of how terribly and destructively affect the psyche of adolescents and adults addiction to computers and gambling.
The therapist’s help will provide you with the necessary tools and support to restore and rethink the wrong lifestyle.